Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Three, Two, One...JUMP!

This is a SUPER short update because it's late and I'm tired, but I just wanted to let everyone know that Johnny did something fantastic tonight...

HE JUMPED 2'9"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was working him over some low fences to practice striding (riding the lines in the forward numbers and then in the add) and I also had a single set at 2'3" in prep for the upcoming CVPHA Horse Show next weekend. Johnny was jumping pretty well, so I put the 2'3" fence up to 2'6" just for fun...he jumped THAT so well that I though "hmmm...why not try?" and put the jump up to 2'9."

The first time to it I totally missed on the distance, but Johnny jumped anyway and snapped his feet up without even so much as tapping the rail. After that we jumped 2 more times with the correct distances. He was literally jumping me out of the tack he was jumping so well! wootttt!!

Peace.Love.Ponies.

No comments:

Post a Comment