Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hunter Class and Johnny Updates

First riding class of the semester today! The girls and I all donned our riding clothes and piled into L's jeep and headed to the barn. M had posted the ride list and we all eagerly checked it to see which horses we would be riding today. I got assigned to Cruz who is a very cute little chestnut thoroughbred. We worked on getting our horse soft and supple into the "training hunter"frame and being able to quickly assess what kind of ride we were sitting on. We incorporated ground poles into our warm up and then we eached worked on our horses canters over the ground poles. M had us first ride a line in 5 and then shorten to 6 to help develop our eye. I was a bit rusty at first and it took me two tries to fit the 5 and 6 strides in. After we changed directions my eye was considerably better and I hit the 5 and 6 on the first try. It was really great to be able to be cantering down the line and know exactly where I was in my stride. I guess I'm not so rusty after all...

New update with the Johnny situation...apparently the farrier can't come out until Tuesday now, and C was planning on taking Johnny up to school on Monday, so now I am stuck with quite a dilemma. Grrr...

Peace.Love.Ponies.

No comments:

Post a Comment