Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Winter Blues

Happy Holidays everyone!

I hope this post finds you all well after the holidays, I know that I've been extra busy with little time to post. I was very sick the past few days, but I did find some time to ride the week before last as the ground froze over and it amazingly did not snow. I've been working with Gus, which has proved to be challenging as the lack of turnout and riding time has left him...wild to say the least. I've been following some books on classical riding and jumping, trying to employ it into my riding, taking the time to re-visit the basics in my riding and training. Its been so long since I've had a lesson, I've let many things slide. My goal for this winter lapse of riding is to spend more time on the basics since I can't "do" much anyway. Lots of time spent in the walk on lateral movements will help to school my horses and to keep them fit(ish!)

Check out my next post for some new years goals!

Peace.Love.Ponies.

No comments:

Post a Comment